CYCLE ACCIDENT SOLICITORS - INJURY COMPENSATION CLAIM LAWYERSHELPLINE: ☎
A personal injury compensation claim can be a complex and difficult legal matter especially when both sides blame each other. It is in your interests to be represented by a specialist lawyer. Our lawyers are members of the Solicitors Regulation Authority panel of personal injury experts and they deal with cycle accident compensation claims using a no win no fee* arrangement. No legal charge is payable unless our cyle accident solicitors win the legal case and the client obtains an award of compensation. In the event that the legal claim is lost there is no charge made to the client.
Cyclists can be involved in a number of types of accident and although they may not always involve a motor vehicle they can be just as serious. Accidents can be caused by badly maintained roads, inadequate signs, careless driving and may also involve hit-and-run drivers. In any of these cases the victim is protected by the law and entitled to make a bicycle accident compensation claim. Anyone wishing to make a personal injury claim needs to speak to a specialist bicycle accident solicitor to see if they have a case. Legal action for compensation can be complicated however free professional help is at hand. Call us or submit your details online or email our offices and we'll advise you on the validity of your claim and its potential value.
The most common causes of bicycle accidents involve collision with another vehicle at a junction, collision when a vehicle is overtaking from behind or impact caused by opening a car door into the path of an oncoming cyclist. Our specialist personal injury lawyers can provide expert help to these victims. Their role is supportive of every process of the victim's case. Our bucyle accident solicitors represent personal injury compensation claims in court, liaise with insurance companies, provide medical reports, assess damage and obtain reports from experts, prior to settling the claim.
Cycle accidents fall into several main categories :-
- A collision with another vehicle or loss of control when trying to avoid a collision with another vehicle. Even if you are partly to blame you can still claim compensation.
- To be actionable a potholes or defective road surface must considered to be a clear hazard to people using the area. The local authority with responsibility for the road must either have known of the defect and failed to repair it or have failed to carry out regular inspections of the road to facilitate maintenance.
- If a substance has been left, fallen or spilled onto the highway then it may be possible to make a bike accident compensation claim if the person responsible for the deposit can be identified.
Statistics obtained over recent years show that about 5% of all fatal accidents and serious injuries on the roads involve pedal cyclists. Most accidents causing injury to cyclists occur in built up areas, during daylight and involve a collision with another vehicle which is most often a car. About three quarters of these accidents happen near or close to a junction. The most common accidents resulting in injury and a subsequent cycle accident compensation claim involve:-
- failing to give way at a junction
- turning right, emerging from a driveway
- young cyclists falling off cycles
- motor vehicle failing to give way at a junction
- being struck from behind
Cycle accident claims continue to increase year on year. Over tens of thousands of pedal bike riders are treated in hospital every year and more children aged between 5 and 14 go to A&E as a result of a bike accident than with any other sport.
- Males are several times more likely to die in bicycle crashes than females.
- Most bicycle accidents occur close to home.
- Half of all deaths occur in mid afternoon or in the early evening.
- Summer has the highest percentage of bicycle accident deaths.
- Most head injuries can be prevented by a bicycle helmet.
- Most bike riders do not wear a helmet.
Almost all bicycle related deaths involve collisions with motor vehicles. The other main causes of accidents include
- loss of control when trying to avoid a collision with a vehicle
- Defective road surfaces including potholes, protrusions, cracks or excess gravel.
- Spillages or leaks of substances onto the highway.
- collisions with other vehicles particularly with cars or lorries
- motorist ignoring �give way� sign at junction.
- cyclist turning right across a busy road.
- motorist emerging into path of a cyclist
- motorist turning across path of cyclist.
- cyclist riding into the path of a motor vehicle.
- cyclist overtaking a parked vehicle.
What We Do
If you instruct us to represent you in a bike accident compensation claim our services include :-
- investigation of the accident and the location
- provision of photographs and plans
- interviewing of witnesses and provision of statements
- obtaining engineering and experts reports
- assessing property damage
- estimation of the value of any injury and instructing medical consultants to provide reports
- negotiation with the insurance company, other solicitors or loss adjusters
- legal representation for bike accident compensation claims in the County Court where necessary
A bicycle accident compensation claim can not only help victims recover money for pain and suffering for their injuries but also for property losses including clothing, helmets and accessories. The cost of private medical treatment can be recovered. In addition victims of negligence are entitled to recover other financial losses including loss of earnings.
Damages that can be claimed by cycle accident solicitors may include the following items :-
- loss of wages
- loss of future income due to reduced earning capacity
- damage to your cycle and all accessories, clothing and property
- medical expenses for the past and for the future, including private treatment and all prescriptions
- personal assistance for the future together with the cost of any aids or special equipment
- pain and suffering (including psychological damage)
- loss of amenities of life including damages for a detrimental change in lifestyle
- reduced employment prospects in the future and damages for the loss of congenial employment
Gathering evidence in support of a compensation claim is an important part of a bicycle accident solicitors role. A key factor in the success of cases is the co-operation and involvement of any witnesses. The solicitor interviews and obtains statements from witnesses. Photographs of the accident scene also often strengthen the case. Once a lawyer has been consulted and accepts your case, he or she will write to the defendant to inform them of the details of the claim, the specific allegations of negligence and the value of the claim. If the defendant accepts liability, the case will be resolved relatively simply, however if liability is denied the case will be resolved in court.
Cycle Accident Solicitors
Our cycle accident solicitors operate the no win no fee* scheme otherwise known as a conditional fee agreement. No legal charge is payable unless the legal case is won and the client obtains an award of compensation. In the event that the legal claim is lost there is no charge made to the client. If you would like advice at no cost from a lawyer just use the helpline or complete the contact or email our offices and a member of the Solicitors Regulation Authority panel of personal injury experts will speak to you on the telephone with no further obligation.