TRIP SLIP FALL SOLICITOR - ACCIDENT INJURY COMPENSATION CLAIMSOLICITORS HELPLINE: ☎ 0330 660 7119
Compensation claims for injuries caused by trips, slips and falls often pose particular problems so far as liability is concerned and it is in your interest to be represented by a trip slip fall compensation solicitor. Our lawyers are members of the Solicitors Regulation Authority panel of personal injury experts who deal with tripping and slipping compensation claims using the no win no fee scheme. Compensation claims can be made as a result of trips, slips and falls in many circumstances including :-
- Roads and pavements are usually the responsibility of the Local or County Council and they have a duty to maintain to a reasonable standard. They should have a regular inspection regime to identify hazards and repair them quickly. Failure to do so may mean that they are liable in negligence for any injuries caused by obvious defects.
- Shops have duty of care to ensure that customers are kept safe. If you have a slip and fall accident in a shop which is due to something being on the floor that shouldn't be there then the shop may be liable to pay compensation even if it was there as a result of an other customer's negligence.
- Public and private places including homes and offices are the responsibility of the owner or occupier of the premises who is under a duty to take such care as is reasonable to ensure that any visitors are safe.
Defective Industrial Premises
Trips, slips and falls are often caused as a result of breach of safety regulations regarding the condition of premises which an employer must satisfy including :-
- Employers are required to ensure that every floor and the surface of every corridor in a workplace shall be of a construction such that the floor or surface of the corridor is suitable for the purpose for which it is used and in particular that the floor shall have no holes or slopes, or be uneven or slippery so as to expose any person to a risk to his health or safety and every floor shall have effective means of drainage where necessary.
- In order to reduce the risk of work accidents every workplace shall have suitable and sufficient lighting and so far as is reasonably practicable by natural light. In addition suitable and sufficient emergency lighting shall be provided in any room in circumstances in which persons at work are specially exposed to danger in the event of failure of artificial lighting.
- So far as is reasonably practicable every floor in a workplace and the surface of every corridor in a workplace shall be kept free from obstructions and free from any article or substance which may cause a person to slip, trip or fall and handrails shall be provided on staircases except in circumstances in which a handrail can not be provided without obstructing the pedestrian flow.
- Every workplace shall be kept clean and the surfaces of the floors of all workplaces inside buildings shall be capable of being kept clean and waste materials shall not be allowed to accumulate in a workplace except in suitable receptacles which must be provided.
Tripping & Slipping Compensation Claims
Solicitors who deal with tripping and slipping claims should have extensive experience of handling all of these types of accident claims as each has unique properties. Our trip slip fall compensation solicitors are members of the Solicitors Regulation Authority panel of personal injury experts and are experienced in all types of slipping and tripping accidents including:
- slips in restaurants and supermarkets
- trips over badly aligned or uneven pavements
- slips on dangerous, polished or wet surfaces
- slips down stairs that are in poor condition or not built to an acceptable standard
- falls in obstructed walkways, stairs or corridors
Tripping Slipping Evidence Preservation
Leaving the scene of a tripping or slipping accident as quickly as possible because of the embarrassment of falling is not always the best thing to do. There are a number of things you should do as quickly as possible after an accident :-
- Take photographs of the location, the floor surface, your clothing and shoes, any mats or rugs, any warning signs and of any visible injury.
- Take the name, address and telephone number of any potential witness but do not contact or speak to the witness again or attempt to get any written statements from them as this should be left to your trip slip fall solicitor.
- Save the shoes that you were wearing and place them inside a plastic bag and tape it shut so that any materials stuck to the shoes will remain.
- If applicable ensure that you complete an accident report form and retain a copy.
- If the item that you slipped on is non-perishable, carefully save a representative sample.
- If the item is perishable try to preserve it in a liquid chemical preservative or in a freezer.
Trip Slip Fall Solicitors - No Win No Fee
Our trip slip fall compensation solicitors operate the no win no fee scheme otherwise known as a conditional fee agreement. No legal charge is payable unless the legal case is won and the client obtains an award of compensation. In the event that the legal claim is lost there is no charge made to the client. For free advice on trip, slip and fall compensation claims from accredited experts just use the helpline or complete form and a specialist personal injury solicitor will speak to you on the telephone you with no further obligation.SOLICITORS HELPLINE: ☎ 0330 660 7119